Just to think that over four decades ago, almost no one owned a personal computer and now, almost everybody has at least a portable computer/ phone on the other hand.
Today technology has permeated all of the world’s industry – fashion, design, architecture, and even construction, Technology has created amazing tools and resources, putting useful information at our fingertips.
The most impactful technologies benefiting the AEC industry at the moment
- Artificial Intelligence and Robotics: With AI-powered systems, Engineers can work smarter and achieve faster. With building smart machines capable of performing tasks that typically require human intelligence. AI gives room for remote construction and helps gather data which are tools for improving the productivity of subsequent projects.
- Augmented Reality & Virtual Reality. This is basically the integration of virtual elements onto the user’s real-world environment. This has been able to alleviate risks in the early design stages by highlighting potential flaws and also has helped to increase the level of safety. Nevertheless, It has also made the implementation of BIM much greater.
- Building Information Modeling (BIM): A 3D model-based process that has helped professionals to plan, design, construct, manage buildings, and infrastructures. It has helped increase prefabrication, collaboration, communication, and productivity at large.
- Cloud & Mobile Technology: This has been able to help with powerful data processing and storage. It gives room for cloud-based collaborations which brings project participants and teams that are widely dispersed together for effectiveness and synchronization.
- Drones: This has been a really great innovation making it easier to monitor construction progress, helping to make surveys in minutes which on the other hand would literally take human beings days manually. They are capable of getting about 2million data points in 30minutes.
- Prefabrication, Modularization, and Eco-friendliness is also now the other of the day when it comes to construction and all, helping to increase productivity and creating an ecofriendly environment.
With all of these revolutions, technology has made our lives, easier, faster, better, and more fun. There is so much more to explore so why not go ahead and get your client’s smiling and satisfied today. The journey to making the world a better place continues…